Thursday, December 22, 2011

Metronidazole


 It seems that there is only one way to treat amoebic dysentery, and that is with Metronidazole- a powerful antibiotic, amebicide, and antiprotozoal. It is also the medicine of choice for several other conditions - including certain dental infections. The kind of dental infection a person might get after drilling out his own root-canal with a non-sterile drill. Even if great care is taken with all of the other equipment, it seems that the drill is actually the one part that really should be sterile.



  So, how is it that a person who is dumb enough to drill a root-canal with a non-sterile drill would just happen to have the one thing on hand that will treat this type of infection? That's a good question. I just happen to know one possible answer.



  It could be possible, hypothetically speaking, of course, that this very same person may have, at some time in the past, become the unfortunate victim of amoebic dysentery, and that the level of suffering resulting from this experience would have motivated this wise and foolish person to obtain and possess a supply of Metronidazole from an online pharmacy in Singapore. Or Malaysia, or something. If this is indeed the case, then it would mean that there must surely be a story to explain how this person ended up with amoebic dysentery while lost in North Carolina on a mountain-climbing/Appalachian Trail-hiking trip. I will investigate, and if there is a story, I will post it some time. You know- if it's true.


 

3 comments:

  1. Todd
    I enjoy your writing very much, but my (constructive) advice is that you need to blog more and put the rest of the story in this blog so if someone is only reading the blog (and not your facebook)they will be able to follow along.
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod- I am surprised to see that you read my stuff. It's pretty cool, though. Now I know there is at least one person reading who will get what I'm saying. I will try to make my posts more substantial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turns out I was wrong about this. I needed penicillin. Lots of it.

    ReplyDelete